AUSTIN, Texas — The Austin-Bergstrom International Airport took part in a virtual music festival during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Austin airport announced on Monday, April 27, it is participating in JetStream Music Festival, along with more than 20 other airports across the U.S.
Austin’s Latin-pop songstress, Gina Chavez, performed and hosted the event.
“Austin is the Live Music Capital of the World. Typically, we have 31 live performances across seven stages in our terminal. Live music and supporting our local artists is who AUS is, even during the difficult times,” said Jacqueline Yaft, chief executive officer of Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. “Airports are known for bringing people together, and we want to continue doing so even when you can’t travel. Virtual music is a great way to do that.”
Here's a list of participating airports and artists:
- Gina Chavez – Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) – host
- Leah Leyva – Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ)
- Jan Kramer – Asheville Regional Airport (AVL)
- Laren Eylise – Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
- Zuriel Merek – Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
- The Honey Vines – Evansville Regional Airport (EVV)
- Don Hicks – Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Patrick Contreras – Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT)
- Eddy Fabrizio Castellanos – Jacksonville International Airport (JAX)
- Honey & Blue – John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH)
- Tyler F. Simmons – John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- Kendal Conrad – Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE)
- Robin Barnes – Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- Rhythm Kings – Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- John Hayes – Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP)
- Chill Moody – Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- Big Blitz – Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT)
- Jordan Richard – Portland International Airport (PDX)
- Nico Hueso – San Diego International Airport (SAN)
- Chuck Courtenay – Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)
- Tomo Nakayama – Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Julian Taylor – Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Key to Adam – Yeager Airport (CRW)
“For so many airports across North America, live music entertainment in the terminal has become a fun way to delight and engage passengers,” said ACI-NA President and CEO Kevin M. Burke. “Despite the sudden and significant drop in passenger traffic at North America’s airports because of the coronavirus health pandemic, this effort by Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and many other North American airports provides a unique opportunity to connect with their passengers. We look forward to hearing these musicians again in airport terminals soon.”
The festival took place on May 6 at 5 p.m. on Facebook. For more information click here.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: