For those who can't bear long lines, early voting in Texas for the March 2 election begins Tuesday, Feb. 20.
Early voting runs from Feb. 20 through March 2.
If you registered for early voting, but don't know where to go, click here or here to find to voting sites in your area. You can also contact the Early Voting Clerk for State and County Elections in your county.
There are early voting locations in and near West Lake Hills, Lakeway, Steiner Ranch, University of Texas at Austin, Bee Cave and more.
There are seven acceptable forms of photo ID a voter can bring to a polling location:
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States Passport (book or card)
If a voter does not posses any acceptable forms of photo identification, the following supporting documentation can be shown:
- Valid Voter Registration Certificate
- Certified Birth Certificate (must be an original)
- Copy of or original current utility bill
- Copy of or original bank statement
- Copy of or original government check
- Copy of or original paycheck
- Copy of or original government document with your name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)