Apartment fire caused by children playing with matches

Print
Email
|

by KVUE.com

kvue.com

Posted on July 24, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Updated Thursday, Jul 25 at 9:02 AM

AUSTIN -- Firefighters have released the cause of an apartment fire in East Austin.

The call came in at 7:20 p.m. Wednesday. Firefighters remained on scene for a few hours at the complex, located at the 1136 Poquito Street, to control hot spots.

On Thursday AFD determined damage estimates to be $30,000 structurally and $15,000 in contents. The cause of the fire was due to children playing with matches in an upstairs bedroom.

KVUE News photojournalist J.P. Harrington says firefighters were able to rescue a dog in one of the units.

No one was injured.

 

 

Print
Email
|