The City of Austin, in partnership with animal welfare groups, is hosting a free Pet Wellness Fair from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, June 11, at Parque Zaragoza, 2608 Gonzales St., in East Austin.
The fair will include free rabies vaccinations sponsored by the City of Austin Animal Services Office.
- Vaccinations will be for dogs and cats 12 weeks of age and older.
- Puppies and kittens younger than 12 weeks will be provided free identification tags and registered in a database so that they can be reunited with their owners if lost.
- Dogs must be on a leash and cats must be in carriers or secured in boxes with air holes.
- Puppies should be brought in carriers or crates.
- Free pet food and pet care information will be available.