AUSTIN -- Austin Pets Alive! is looking for people to foster a furry friend during the week of Christmas. That will allow the non-profit's staff and volunteers to get a holiday break.
“All of our animals deserve a home for the holidays – and our staff and volunteers deserve to spend time with their families, too, instead of coming to the Animal Center,” said executive director Dr. Ellen Jefferson. “We’d like to clear out the Animal Center in the days before and after Christmas. To that end, we are seeking new fosters from the Austin area who will apply this week and commit to taking a dog or cat home for a minimum of 7 days around Christmastime.”
Foster responsibilities include:
- Providing a safe, clean and caring environment
- Providing food, water, litter, toys/enchrichment and shelter
- Providing exercise and socialization as appropriate
- Monitoring any medical and or behavorial problems
- Transporting to and from veterinary appointments, if necessary
- Transporting to and from Town Lake Animal Center
To become a foster with Austin Pets Alive!, an online application must be filled out no later than December 17. For more information, visit http://www.austinpetsalive.org/get-involved/foster/.