AUSTIN -- A scary moment for a South Austin woman after EMS broke into her apartment by mistake.
Janie Gonzales woke up to an EMS worker standing over her bed Wedneday morning, asking if she needed to go to the hospital. Turns out Gonzales' downstairs neighbor had fallen and needed help. Another neighbor called an ambulance, but in the confusion of the moment, the apartments were somehow mixed up.
After several knocks, EMS broke into Gonzales' apartment, worried she needed immediate attention.
The correct neighbor was treated and is at home.
This isn't the first time this has happened to Gonzales. She said EMS accidentally showed up to her apartment in 2009, too.