Police searching for possible kidnapping suspect



Bio | Email | Follow: @TinaS_KVUE


Posted on November 12, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Updated Tuesday, Nov 12 at 6:36 PM

GEORGETOWN, Texas -- Police are looking for an alleged kidnapper who a woman says held her against her will for more than 24 hours.

The kidnapping report prompted at Southwestern University in Georgetown which has been lifted. Police at the university secured the campus as a precaution following the reported kidnapping just east of the school.

The 27-year-old female victim told police she was driving in North Austin between 10 and 11 a.m. Sunday when she thought she ran over something, so she got out of the car to check it out. That's when she says the man grabbed her and forced her into her car at gunpoint.

The woman says he punched her out, and she woke up locked in a bathroom unclear of her location.

The woman told police when the man let her out of the bathroom, he told her to perform a sex act and then do various housekeeping chores. She was then placed back in the bathroom where she says she spent the night. Monday morning the victim was let out of the bathroom and again told to perform a sex act and do more chores.

Georgetown police say many details remain unclear, but at some point the man became upset with the victim, pushed her into the trunk of her car and doused her with bleach. She says he then abandoned her and her car near Smith Creek Road and Highway 29 in Georgetown.

The woman escaped and then called police around 7 p.m. She went to a local hospital for treatment.

Police say the woman has no visible injuries.

"With the limited information we have, we don't even know where the incident occurred," said Georgetown Police Department spokesperson Roland Waits. "We have a very vague description of a possible suspect. We're going to be checking cell phone records to see if we can track or pinpoint, but our understanding was she didn't even turn her cellphone on until she was already in the trunk and the car was already up here in Georgetown."

The search for the suspect continues. Police say he is a black male who is about 5'8" to 5'9" in height with a tattoo of a star under his right eye.

After the lockdown went into effect, the university's police chief says her officers moved quickly to secure the campus.

"We locked all our buildings by electronic system and the police officers. Once we felt like the campus was safe, we began to let some of those students leave," said police chief Deborah Brown.

The school kept students updated on the situation via its Twitter account. Tweets show campus police had an increased presence during the overnight hours and that the school requested students not go outdoors alone.

The lockdown was lifted around 11:15 p.m. Monday.

If you think you've seen the suspect, contact the Georgetown Police Department or Southwestern University police at (512) 863-1944.