Family still has hope for toddler that disappeared 2 years ago

Print
Email
|

by SHANNON MURRAY / KVUE NEWS

Bio | Email | Follow: @ShannonM_KVUE

kvue.com

Posted on January 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Updated Wednesday, Jan 9 at 6:41 PM

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas --  It's been nearly two years since a toddler disappeared in New Braunfels, and investigators still don’t have any solid leads or suspects in the case.

In 2011 law enforcement and search crews from across the country blanketed New Braunfels looking for 18-month-old Joshua Davis Jr.

Since then posters and billboards around town remind the community to keep looking.

His mother Sabrina Benitez told KVUE in 2011 that she wasn't giving up.

“In my heart I feel he's still out there. I believe someone has him. Someone has to have him," she said back then.

Today family members are still waiting for baby Joshua's safe return.

"Until he comes home I’m going to keep faith. I’m going to keep praying and doing everything that I’ve done to try and bring him home,” said the toddler’s father, Joshua Davis Sr.

Police say the investigation continues to be a top priority, and they follow up any lead that comes their way. However, two years in to the case, little has developed, and there are still no named suspects.

"It’s being swept under the rug. Nothing is being done about it," said Davis Sr.

Pictures of Joshua Jr. in the family's home keep his memory alive. They're the only way Jayden Davis knows his older brother.

"Imagine hearing a one-year-old saying 'come home' and 'love you' to someone that he should be playing with and telling him 'love you and good night' in person not on a poster," said Davis Sr.        

Anyone with information leading to Joshua’s whereabouts or the arrest and conviction of a suspect could receive a reward of up to $2,000. If you have a tip, you can call Comal County Crime Stoppers at 830-620-TIPS.

Print
Email
|