Eat, Drink and Be Wary: Twin Lion and Mikado Ryotei

Print
Email
|

by TYLER SIESWERDA / KVUE News

kvue.com

Posted on November 8, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Updated Friday, Nov 8 at 11:40 PM

AUSTIN -- In this Eat, Drink and Be Wary, there were dishes in the mop sink and mold in the ice machine.

KVUE began at the Twin Lion Chinese Restaurant at 4815 West Braker Lane. It failed its September 23 Austin Travis County Health inspection with a score of 68.

Among the violations discovered were improper cold holding of eggs on a prep table and improper hot holding of cooked wontons. The inspector observed dishes hanging on the mop sink and also found mold and dirt in the ice machine.

On the required follow up inspection on October 10, Twin Lion Chinese Restaurant on Braker passed with a score of 96.

The next stop was Mikado Ryotei at 9033 Research Boulevard. It failed its September 30 health inspection with a score of 58.

Critical problems spotted by the inspector included no sanitizer or towels at the hand wash sink. Shelves were discovered with black pitted stains. There were toxic items improperly stored and mold in the ice machine.

On the required follow inspection, Mikado Ryotei on Research passed with a score of 86.
 

Print
Email
|