Austin is a place where something is always going on. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what fun events are taking place, so we're here to help.
Take a look at some of the things going on around town Friday, Dec. 6 through Sunday, Dec. 8:
Friday, Dec. 6:
- 2013 Lights of Love 5K and Family Fun Run at Mueller Lake Park at 6 p.m.
- Bob Newhart will be performing at The Paramount Theatre at 8 p.m.
- John Mayer and Phillip Phillips will perform at the Frank ErwinCenter at 7 p.m.
- Circus Festivus will be held at The North Door at 9 p.m.
- The Blue Genie Art Bazaar will be held at The Marchesa Hall and Theater (through Dec. 24) from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Master Pancake Holiday Extravaganza at AlamoDrafthouse Ritz at 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 7:
- Texas Longhorns vs. Baylor Bears inWaco at 2:30 p.m.
- Trail of Lights 5K Run/Walk at Zilker Park at 6:30 p.m.
- Thinkery Grand Opening at The Thinkery (formerly Austin Children's Museum) in the Mueller Development. Museum opens at 10 a.m.
- Breakfast with Santa around Central Texas.
- Cherrywood Art Fair at Maplewood Elementary School from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Holiday Sing-Along andDowntown Stroll at 6 p.m.
- The Lighting of the Capitol Christmas Tree at 7 p.m.
- The Nutcracker will be performed at Ballet Austin at 7:30 p.m.
- Weihnachtsmarkt: A German Christmas Market at The German Free School from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 25th anniversary holiday concert of Capital City Men's Chorus at St. Martin's EvangelicalLutheran Church at 7:30 p.m.
- It's Glow Time 5K at the Travis County Expo Center at 6 p.m.
- 90s Dance Party with DJMighty Fly at Spider House at 10 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 8:
More events are listed on our Community Calendar.
Go here for Central Texas Christmas light displays.
Go here for Christmas fun and deals for the whole family.