No. 3 seed Texas (27-4) vs. Michigan (27-11)
2012 NCAA Volleyball Tournament
NCAA National Semifinal
Where: KFC Yum! Center (Louisville, Ky.)
Time: 7 p.m. (Eastern)
Live Stats: Gametracker on TexasSports.com
(PbP - Beth Mowins, Analyst - Karch Kiraly, Sideline - Maria Taylor)
Internet Audio: Free audio on TexasSports.com
All-Time Series: Texas leads, 2-0 (H: 1-0; N: 1-0)
Winner advances to NCAA national championship on Saturday
Complete Match Notes: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tex/sports/w-volley/auto_pdf/2012-13/release/release.pdf
· Texas is 2-0 all-time against Michigan. Both teams last met in the second round of the 2004 NCAA Tournament in Austin with Texas winning in four sets (30-19, 30-27, 23-30, 30-28).
· Texas is making its eighth trip to the NCAA Final Four (1986, 1987, 1988, 1995, 2008, 2009 and 2010) in 29 NCAA Tournament appearances.
· Texas is playing in its fourth NCAA Final Four in the past five years.
· Texas ranks tied for sixth all-time with 69 NCAA Tournament victories and sports the eighth-best NCAA winning percentage with a 69-27 mark (.719). Beginning in 1982, Texas advanced to 18 straight tournaments (1982-2000).
· This is the second time this season that the Longhorns are playing in the KFC Yum! Center. The Longhorns defeated host Louisville on Oct. 8 in five sets (21-25, 25-18, 21-25, 26-24, 15-10).
· Bailey Webster is hitting .519 in the 2012 postseason on 64 kills (4.92 kps) with eight blocks. Haley Eckerman is hitting .333 on 45 kills (3.46 kps) with 17 digs (1.31 dps) while Khat Bell is hitting .409 on 34 kills (2.62 kps) with 12 blocks (0.92 bps). Texas is hitting .405 with a 1.69 service ace per set average and 2.50 blocks per set average.
· As of Dec. 9, Texas is ranked first in the nation for hitting percentage (.322) and eighth for blocks (3.00 bps). Haley Eckerman is ranked 13th in the nation for points (5.08 pps), 15th in kills (4.45 kps) and 37th in service aces (0.38 saps). Khat Bell is ranked 25th nationally in blocks (1.36 bps).
· Texas clinched the outright Big 12 championship on Nov. 14 against Texas Tech. Texas Volleyball has won 19 conference titles (six under the Big 12 banner). This is head coach Jerritt Elliott’s fifth conference title with all five coming in the last six years.
· Bailey Webster’s .650 hitting percentage on Nov. 14 (14-1-20) was the highest in a match this season by a Texas starter. She hit .647 in her previous best on Oct. 3 against TCU.
· Haley Eckerman needs nine kills to break into UT’s single-season Top 10 list for kills. Demetria Sance (1997) is 10th with 485 kills (Eckerman currently with 476).