SAN ANTONIO -- The father of a nine-month-old baby found dead in his crib last month said Child Protective Services has apologized for how it handled investigations of the baby's mother.
A letter from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services acknowledges the agency should have contacted Sanchez when it opened a second investigation into the mother earlier this year.
Sanchez's son, Michael Sanchez, Jr. died October 7.
The infant's grandmother found his body wrapped in wet blankets in a crib inside a home in the 5000 block of Casa Verde.
A police report indicated the infant appeared to be dead several hours before he was found.
Friends of the infant's mother told police she left him at home with his three-year-old and two-and-a-half-year-old brothers while she went to SeaWorld.
The mother has not been charged.
The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office said Tuesday the infant's cause and manner of death are still pending.
A CPS spokeswoman previously said the agency did not have updated contact information for the father, even though his family had temporary custody of the three boys in 2012.
The family is due back in court in Bexar County December 5 to continue to fight for permanent custody of the two remaining children.
In previous court appearances related to this case, Judge Charles Montemayor criticized CPS for a lack of oversight.
At the time of baby Michael's death, his mother was under investigation by CPS for the second time in as many years.
Last month, an I-Team investigation revealed emergency personnel responded to the house on Casa Verde 14 times since January 2012.
On August 11, EMS rushed a 7-month-old baby to the hospital after he nearly drowned in a bathtub.
Baby Michael was seven months old on August 11.