LEWISVILLE - At least one person was injured in an explosion at a duplex at 520 East Main Street in Lewisville.
Several blocks around the site were evacuated as a precaution and at least one person was transported to a nearby hospital with unknown injuries.
The explosion, which was reported at about 12:30 p.m., left behind massive debris in the nearby street and blew off window screens at several nearby structures. Firefighters from Lewisville, Carrollton and The Colony worked together to battle the fire that burned after the explosion.
Witnesses at the scene said there was a gas leak at the site of the explosion reported earlier in the day. The witnesses said firefighters, along with Atmos Energy workers, closed down part of East Main Street as they worked on the leak.