- Nuts – eat about a handful of nuts a day such as walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts
- Fish – incorporate fish high in omega-3 at least three times per week. Look for fish such as salmon, tuna or mackerel.
- Olive Oil – switch your current oil intake to extra-virgin olive oil. This can also be the base for great salad dressings.
- Fruits and Vegetables – about three servings of fruit and two servings of vegetables a day is very important. Try different types and colors of each and incorporate those high in antioxidants.
- Legumes – Beans and lentils are good choices to add as a side dish.