Instead of braving the crowds for brunch this Mother's Day, why not host your own?
My family has held a big brunch for all of our moms every year in a huge "breakfast in bed" tradition. It makes mom happy and fills your house with the amazing scents of waffles, bacon and, of course, mimosas.
Check out these unique ideas for hosting your own Mother's Day Brunch:
- Brunch Stuffed Peppers (by Paula Deen). Click here for the recipe.
- Brunch Beignets. Click here for the recipe.
- Easy Brunch Quiche. Click here for the recipe.
- Sky High Brunch Bake. Click here for the recipe.
- French Toast Dippers. Click here for the recipe.
- Sausage and Egg Crescent Ring with Gravy. Click here for the recipe.
- Spicy Brunch Lasagna. Click here for the recipe.
- Brunch Bruschetta. Click here for the recipe.
Go here to see photos of each yummy dish!
Drink recipes from TheDailyMeal.com:
Fresh Tangerine Mimosas:
- 1 gallon of tangerine juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 bottle of cold Prosecco (or any sparkling white wine)
- Fill 1/3 of a champagne flute with juice
- Top with Prosecco
- 1/2 ripe red Bartlett pear, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 ounces of unsweetened pear juice
- 3/4 ounce Poire William or grappa
- 1/2 bottle champagne or sparkling wine
- Place one pear slice in four champagne flutes.
- Shake pear juice and Poire William with ice cubes.
- Pour mixture into champagne flutes
- Top with champagne or sparkling wine
Brandy Milk Punch:
- 2 ounces brandy
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ ounces milk
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine ingredients in shaker with ice and shake vigorously
- Strain into cup filled with ice.
- Garnish with a tiny bit of nutmeg on top
- 12 ounces of Bloody Mary mix
- 2 teaspoons of Sriracha
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Celery salt
- 12 ounces of vodka
- 4 celery sticks
- Freshly ground pepper
- Mix Bloody Mary mix, Sriracha and Worcestershire sauce in a medium measuring cup
- Pour into ice cube tray and freeze for two hours
- Rim glasses with celery salt
- Place two of the mixed ice cubes in each glass
- Fill each glass with vodka
- Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and a celery stick
- 1 ½ ounces of Skyy vodka
- ½ ounce of Campari
- ½ ounce of Toschi lemoncello
- 1 ½ ounces of fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Lime spiral
- Mix vodka, Campari, lemoncello and orange juice
- Shake with ice until well blended
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with a lime spiral
- 1 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1 cup of Cointreau
- 1 cup of 100% agave silver tequila, preferably Cazadores, Herradura or Tres Generaciones
- Superfine sugar (if you want to add sweetness)
- Salt (for rimming the glasses)
- 1 bottle of chilled brut Champagne or other sparkling white wine
- Zest of 1 lime, finely grated, plus ½ for moistening the glass rims
- Combine lime zest, lime juice, Cointreau, and tequila in a pitcher
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour (add sugar if it's too tart)
- Strain the mixture to remove the zest of lime
- Moisten the rims of eight champagne glasses with a lime and dip rims in salt
- Fill each glass half way with the margarita mixture
- Fill the rest with Champagne or sparkling wine
For more recipes, decoration and gift ideas, check out our Mother's Day Pinterest board!