Woman taken to hospital, several displaced after garage fire

TRAVIS COUNTY - A woman has been taken to the hospital and several people have been displaced after a fire broke out in the garage of a home Thursday.

According to the Austin Fire Department, improperly discarded smoking material caused the fire, which happened at a residence off of Nijmegen Drive near the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. AFD said that one woman was taken to a hospital for evaluation while three adults and two children were displaced.

AFD said the fire was contained to the garage, but smoke filled the entire house.

This story will update as more information becomes available.

© 2017 KVUE-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment