AUSTIN - The Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority announced that it is expecting delays this weekend on MoPac Expressway as crews will be laying down the final layer of asphalt pavement and continue other work in preparation for opening the new express lane.
The Mobility Authority said travel delays will be most significant on northbound MoPac, which will be limited to one lane between Enfield Road and RM 2222 on Friday and Saturday. Drivers are urged to consider other routes.
Below are additional lane and ramp closure details from the Mobility Authority:
- Center and left lane closed from Enfield Road to RM 2222 on Friday from 10 p.m. to Sunday at 8 a.m.
- 45th Street on and off ramps closed from Friday at 10 p.m. to Sunday at 7 p.m.
- 35th Street on and off ramps closed from Friday at 10 p.m. to Sunday at 7 p.m.
- Right lane and far right exit lane closed from 45th Street to 35th Street on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., and on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Center lane and right lane closed from 45th Steet to Windsor Road on Friday from 10 p.m. to Saturday at 9 a.m., and on Saturday from 8 p.m. to Sunday at 10 a.m.
The Mobility Authority said additional lane and ramp closures may take place on the weekend during normal closure time frames, which will be posted each afternoon at mopacexpress.com.
© 2017 KVUE-TV