Looking for ways to save on your medical prescriptions? There’s an app for that.
Actually, there are several, and you can even access them on your desktop if you’re not smartphone savvy.
If you’re searching for some financial relief with your medications, here are three suggestions on where you can start:
Blink Health says you can save up to 95 percent on your prescriptions at your local pharmacy, plus it’s free to use with no membership fees.
It works in three simple steps:
1. Search for your prescription through the app or website. You can find savings of up to 95 percent on more than 15,000 medications.
2. Pay for your medicine online or through the app. You’ll get a Blink Card as proof of purchase through text or by printing it out.
3. Pick up your medicine at the pharmacy. Bring your Blink Card, show it to the pharmacist and pay nothing.
Other benefits of Blink Health include one guaranteed price at the pharmacy, a $15 first purchase discount and purchases never expire.
Learn more at BlinkHealth.com.
Next on the list is GoodRx, which advertises savings of up to 80 percent on medications.
Here’s how it works:
1. Compare prices. GoodRx collects prices and discounts from more than 60,000 pharmacies across the U.S.
2. Print free coupons. After you’ve compared prices, you can print coupons or send them to your phone.
3. Save. Save up to 80 percent by showing that coupon at the pharmacy you choose.
GoodRx says you can generate savings even if you have insurance, and it works for every family member as well as pets. Plus, there’s no signup or credit card required.
Find more information at GoodRx.com.
MedSavers Pharmacy, on the other hand, says you can save up to 75 percent on your medication.
Based in Austin, Texas, MedSavers is a family owned and operated community pharmacy that doesn’t “deal with insurance companies,” meaning they’re able to offer the same generic prescriptions you’d get from a regular pharmacy for a fraction of the cost.
MedSavers is not under obligation to stock a certain amount of name-brand medications, which are generally expensive and increase overhead. Insurance companies don’t have a say in how much MedSavers charges, so they can offer the same medication at a savings of up to 75 percent.
You can discover more at MedSaversPharmacy.com.
© 2017 KVUE-TV