No charges in alleged Boone Elementary sex assault, Travis D.A. says

No charges in alleged sex assault at Boone Elementary

AUSTIN - Travis County prosecutors have completed their investigation into the alleged sexual assault at Boone Elementary School and have concluded there will be no charges, KVUE's and the Austin American-Statesman's Tony Plohetski confirmed Friday.

Officials told Plohetski the latest medical examination reports show the 4-year-old girl likely was not assaulted and instead suffered injuries from a playground accident.

This case drew criticism from parents and police because Austin Independent School District Police closed the case Feb. 22 without first reviewing the girl's full medical report. The parents of little girl filed a lawsuit and demanded an investigation. The school held meetings with parents to discuss their concerns.

Since then, new investigators were assigned to give the case a fresh look and Friday District Attorney Margaret Moore released the following statement:

"The Travis County DA's office, in conjunction with the Child Protection Team has now completed this investigation in accordance with our procedures. We find, based upon the additional records and expert review, there is insufficient evidence to pursue criminal charges."

© 2017 KVUE-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment