AUSTIN - Police are searching for a man who is assaulting women jogging or walking in the Hyde Park area.
According to the Austin Police Department Friday, there have been a total of six reports made by women in different parts of the Hyde Park area from April 7 to May 4. APD said most of the incidents have happened in the evening, however, one report was made in the morning. The man reportedly grabs women by the buttocks.
The man is described as being in his 20s or 30s, white or Hispanic and usually wears a dark shirt with basketball shorts and dark shoes.
Here is a list of the locations and times of the reports:
- May 4 at 3:21 p.m.: 4900 block of Duval Street
- April 30 at 9 p.m.: Karen and Woodrow avenues
- April 30 at 7 a.m.: The 100 to 1000 block of East 45th Street
- April 28 at 1:25 p.m.: 300 block of West 43rd Street
- April 26 at 4:39 p.m.: 4200 block Avenue C
- April 7 at 9:30 p.m.: 3200 block of Duval Street
If the man is identified, he could be charged with "assault by contact - sexual nature."
Anyone with information regarding these cases is asked to call APD.
© 2017 KVUE-TV