AUSTIN - In a memorandum issued to the Austin City Council and Mayor Steve Adler Tuesday, the Austin Parks and Recreation Department unveiled eight possibility properties listed for additional exploration, analysis and engagement to house a stadium for Major League Soccer.
Those properties include:
- St. Johns Home Depot/Chrysler, 7211 N. Interstate Highway 35, Austin, Texas 78752
- McKalla Property, 10414 McKalla Place, Austin, Texas 78758
- Toomey Ballfields, 1501 Toomey Road, Austin, Texas 78704
- Travis County Exposition Center, 7311 Decker Lane, Austin, Texas 78724
- Roy G. Guerrero Colorado River Metro Park, 400 Grove Blvd, Austin, Texas 78741
- Walnut Creek Sports Complex, 7800 Johnny Morris Road, Austin, Texas 78724
- Bolm Road District Park, 6700 Bolm Road, Austin, Texas 78725
- Toney Burger Activity Center and Stadium, 3200 Jones Road, Austin, Texas 78745
In the memorandum, Austin PARD noted that the Tony Burger Activity Center and Stadium is not a City of Austin owned property, however, Austin ISD agreed this property is appropriate for discussion.
PARD said this exploration was conducted by several City departments, with special coordination conducted with the Acting City's Chief Financial Officer, Austin Transportation Department and the Office of Real Estate Services.
City staff plan to continue exploration and said they will have a more comprehensive report in January 2018, information from which will be presented to the council in February.
© 2018 KVUE-TV