Business Insider named Austin the most desirable place to live in the country based on recent data.
- Migration data from 2010 to 2014 from the Census Bureau, which shows the ratio of people moving into the metro against people moving out of the metro.
- Search traffic for the area on realtor.com and the number of views for the area opposed to other areas between April 2016 and April 2017.
- The estimated population growth rate from 2015 to 2017 based on census data.
Austin came in first place with a migration ratio of 1.46, views ratio of .80 and growth ratio of 7.8 percent.
Jacksonville, Florida came in second place with a migration ratio of 1.15, views ratio of 2.11 and growth ratio of 5 percent.
The rest of the list was filled out by
- Las Vegas, Nevada (3)
- Nashville, Tennessee (4)
- Charlotte, North Carolina (5)
- Phoenix, Arizona (6)
- Riverside-San Bernardino, California (7)
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma (8)
- Tucson, Arizona (9)
- Portland, Oregon (10)
Read the full list and data here.
© 2017 KVUE-TV