AFD: Smoking materials spark Thanksgiving Day fire

AUSTIN - Around 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, a fire broke out in a North Austin apartment. 

Firefighters responded to the Madison at Stone Creek apartments and put the fire out. No one was injured, officials said, but six people were displaced. According to the Austin Fire Department, the fire started due to improperly discarded smoking materials. 

The AFD said there was a $25,000 worth of damages done to the structure, and a $5,000 worth of damages done to the contents in the apartment. 

© 2017 KVUE-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment