AUSTIN -- There will be several road closures and traffic delays this weekend in downtown Austin.
The Formula 1 race at the Circuit of the Americas track and subsequent fan festivities will close several downtown roads from Nov. 15 to Nov. 18.
Closed from 6 a.m. Wednesday to 11:59 p.m. Monday:
- West 3rd Street and West 4th Street between Congress and Colorado
Closed from 6 a.m. Thursday to 6 p.m. Monday:
- West 3rd Street and West 4th Street between Colorado and Lavaca
- East 3rd Street and East 4th Street between Congress and Brazos
- Colorado Street between West 2nd Street and West 5th Street
Closed from 7 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Monday:
- Southbound lanes of Congress Avenue between 5th Street and 2nd Street
Closed from 6 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Monday:
- Northbound lanes of Congress Avenue between 5th Street and 2nd Street
- Southbound lanes of Congress Avenue between 2nd Street and Cesar Chavez (2nd Street will be open)
Closed from 6 a.m. Friday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday:
- One lane of Trinity Street between East 12th Street and East 15th Street
- One westbound lane of East 12th Street between Red River and Trinity Streets
Capital Metro says it will expand its transit services during race weekend. A free downtown bus route will be offered from Nov. 16 through Nov. 18. It will run every 15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. and will move in a loop around downtown Austin. For a map click here.
CapMetro will also offer a $1 bus route to and from downtown Austin and the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport from Nov. 15 through Nov. 19. For more information click here.
For more information visit Cap Metro's website, or call their GO Line at (512) 474-1200.
For the City of Austin's event routes and road closures page click here.