HUTTO, Texas -- Tax season is underway. Free filing assistance is available to residents in and around the Hutto area.
Taxpayers that earn less than $57,000 in 2012 will have two options for filing their tax returns filed at no charge.
All returns are filed electronically and refunds are generally received within seven to 10 days.
Tax payers can schedule an appointment with a certified tax counselor at Hutto City Hall, 401 W.
Front Street. Specially-trained volunteers will prepare returns with special attention to tax credits
available to low-to-moderate income individuals and families.
Appointments are available on:
- February 15, March 1, March 15 and April 15 from noon - 5:00 p.m.
- February 22, March 8, March 29 and April 12 from 3:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Contact Patti Gilmore by email email@example.com or call 512-759-4034 to schedule an appointment.
This free tax preparation site is made possible by A+ Federal Credit Union, Hutto Lions Club, Hutto Discovery United Methodist Church and Hutto Premier Dentistry.
Also, taxpayers can self-prepare their taxes online with guidance from a certified tax counselor. A certified tax counselor will be available to answer questions for tax payers as they prepare their own tax returns online. No appointments are necessary.
Self-prepared services are available at the following locations and times:
- Hutto High School Computer Lab – February 21, March 21 and March 28, 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Hutto Middle School Computer Lab – March 19, 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Farley Middle School Computer Lab – February 19, 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Hutto Elementary School Computer Lab – April 1, 4:00 – 7:00
- Nadine Johnson Elementary Computer Lab – March 4, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Cottonwood Creek Elementary Computer Lab – February 27 & April 10, 5:00 -7:00 p.m.
- Ray Elementary Computer Lab – March 26, 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Taxpayers will need to bring the following items:
- Valid drivers license or photo ID
- All W-2’s and 1099 Forms (if any)
- Social Security Cards for tax payers and all dependents
- Birth dates for all dependents
- Day Care Receipts and Provider ID #
- Education Receipts (if any)
- Your Spouse, if filing a joint return
- Interest and dividend statements from your bank/savings
- Mortgage property taxes or interest (if any)
- Bank Account # and Routing # for direct deposit (a voided check is best)
Click here for a complete list of free tax preparation services in Williamson County.
The free tax preparation sites located in schools are made possible by Wells Fargo.
The Williamson County Financial Stability Coalition, the City of Hutto and Hutto ISD joined forces in this community-wide effort to expand the availability of free tax preparation services to residents.
You can email Williamson County Financial Stability Coalition: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-255-6799.