A fire took place Saturday morning at a home in South Austin that left eight people displaced and a home badly damaged. The fire occurred at around 3:15 AM at a home near IH-35 and Manchaca.
The fire did serious damage to the home, partially collapsing its roof, and caused minor damage to the house next door. The eight people living at the home, four of which are children, are displaced, but escaped the home unharmed. The fire is believed to have been caused by an unattended barbeque pit, and has been ruled an accident.