Townhome fire caused by blow torch

Townhome fire caused by blow torch

Credit: Jim Bergamo / KVUE

Townhome fire caused by blow torch

Print
Email
|

by KVUE.com

kvue.com

Posted on January 6, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Updated Monday, Jan 6 at 2:38 PM

AUSTIN -- The Austin Fire Department says a townhome fire that broke out in North Austin was caused by a maintenance worker trying to unfreeze water faucets with a blow torch.

The fire broke out Monday morning at the Edgecliff Condos on Wood Hollow Drive near Far West Boulevard and Greystone Drive. A call came in to the Austin Fire Department around 10:30 a.m.

The Austin Fire Department says heavy fire was showing from a two-story building when crews arrived on the scene. They had most of the fire knocked down before 11 a.m.

Crews say the fire began on a back porch on the first level and ran up the outside of the building.

There have been no reports of injuries.

AFD says three units, which are townhomes, were damaged. Five people were displaced.

The fire caused $77,000 in structural damges and $25,000 in content damages.

 

 

 

 

 

Print
Email
|
 
Austin Local News Video
More Video