We all know Austin is a place where something is always going on. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what fun events are taking place, so we're here to help!
Take a look at what's going on around town this Labor Day Weekend, Friday, Aug. 30 through Monday, Sept. 2.
Friday, Aug. 30
- Austin Animal Center offers $35 adoption special for American "working" pet breeds. Offer ends Sept. 2. Go here for our story on the special.
- Out of Bounds Comedy Festival Friday through Monday at various locations. This festival brings laughter in the form of more than 100 shows with 500 performers (many local!). Go here for info.
- Zilker Relays in Zilker Park starting at 6 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 31
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Texas vs. New Mexico State at 7 p.m. at Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium.
- No other events matter to most Austinites on this day
Sunday, Sept. 1
- Benefit concert at Stubb's BBQ for firefighter Colin Camp, who was injured when he was hit by a driver while riding his bike. Proceeds from the event will help with his medical care. Tickets are $10. Event begins at 6 p.m. Go here for more information.
- Backstreet Boys in concert at the Cedar Park Center. If you're a girl (or guy) of the 90s, chances are you'll be there. With ticket prices as low as $40, you won't want to miss this boy band reunion. Go here for ticket information.
- "The World's End" pub crawl hosted by Alamo Drafthouse. Price is $40 and crawl begins at the Ginger Man at 4 p.m. More info.
Monday, Sept. 2 (Labor Day)
- 2013 Free Day of Yoga. Terri Gruca has more details in her Smart Money Blog.
Find more events on our Community Calendar.
If you're hoping to beat the heat, check out this information on where to stay cool around Central Texas.
For more ideas on saving money around town, head to Terri Gruca's Smart Money Blog.