AUSTIN - Two people have been displaced after an unattended candle led to serious damage inside their North Austin home Sunday afternoon.
According to the Austin Fire Department, the unattended candle prompted a fire that was confined to one bedroom of the home located at 3403 Ambleside Drive near MoPac Expressway and Parmer Lane. The fire resulted in no injuries, but did cause an estimated $30,000 worth of damage to the residence.
The two residents will stay with their family, AFD said.
Box Alarm 3403 Ambleside fire in SFR has been extinguished. Aggressive fire attack confined the fire to one bedroom. pic.twitter.com/7OaABQg9K1— Austin Fire Info (@AustinFireInfo) June 11, 2017
© 2017 KVUE-TV