1. JJ's Tip #1: Eat a banana after every meal. It will fill you up, eliminate the "sweet tooth" and the banana will naturally burn off within hours. Make sure that a banana is the last thing that you eat for that meal.
2. JJ's Diet Tip #2: Weigh yourself on a daily basis. I know this contradicts what the doctor says, however when you don't weigh yourself, you tend to stray away from the cause. A lot can happen in a good week and while it can be positive thing, it can also be a negative thing. I went a week without weighing earlier in the year and actually gained two pounds. It is true that your weight changes throughout the day, so keep that in mind. A last tip for today. When you see your weight on the scale, subtract two pounds for your clothes!
3. JJ's Diet Tip #3: Many people drink Powerades and Gatorades, however it is important to know that these drinks are loaded with sugars. These drinks were actually made for marathon runners and surprisingly not even marathon runners need a 32 ounce sports drink. Over half of the sugar sticks with you and obviously is not a good thing. Stick with water if you are wanting to diet. I know it gets boring, but isn't your health worth it?
4. JJ’s Diet Tip #4: There are many diet plans that say they work and they very well may. But, be careful when doing diets where you have to pay things such as NutriSystem and shakes. The products do tend to work, however these become habit forming. The companies put products in the foods and drinks to make the users crave them. Simply put, once you get off of this your body will crave the product. I may be biased, but going with a natural diet is the way to go. My diet has proven to work and if you are wanting to make a life change, then you can truly do it.
5. JJ's Diet Tip #5: Consider whether you are really hungry.
A lot of times when you think that you are hungry, your body is actually thirsty and your brain gets mixed messages thus tricking it. Drink a glass of water and then see if you are still hungry afterwards. When in the kitchen, it is a wise idea to chew a piece of sugar free gum... that way you have something to chew on and you satisfy a lot of times your sweet tooth. Remember if you do not eat a snack, such as a cheese stick or a fruit roll up, then you are saving the calories AND believe it or not, you will survive until the next meal. Keep active and you will not think about being hungry.
6. JJ's Weight Loss Tip #6: Give up the potatoes, you honestly will not miss them after the first week. Nothing tastes as good as losing weight feels. Just think of what it will do for you if you can just stop with cokes and potatoes. It has proven to work with me and many others. You can do it!
7. JJ's Diet Tip #7: Clean out your pantry and refrigerator. Get rid of the foods that sabotage your weight loss. It does not take a genius to realize that if you do not have the bad items then you will not eat it. Get rid of anything that will hurt your weight loss goals! You're worth it.
8. JJ's Diet Tip #8: Do not skip meals in attempt to lose weight. What will happen is when you eat sporadically, the calories and everything else that comes with the food will "stick" with you and your body will not burn off what is needed to lose weight. I tend to have a 800 calorie lunch and a 1000ish calorie dinner.
9. JJ's Diet Tip #9: Make your diet public
Tell people that you’re on a diet. There’s no reason to be ashamed to be dieting. I found that trying to keep my diet a secret was harder than just telling people and trust me, having motivation while dieting is everything! It will keep you motivated and wanting to get better by the day. Others will also hold you accountable.
10. JJ's Diet Tip #10: TURN OFF THE TV
This is something I read a while back that is actually a true study: Dining while viewing can make you take in 40 percent more calories than usual, reports a new study. And texting, driving, or any other distracting activity during a meal can also result in your eating too much. Instead, make each meal something you put on a plate and sit down to, even if you're eating solo.
11. JJ's Diet Tip #11: Be choosy about nighttime snacks.
Mindless eating occurs most frequently after dinner, when you finally sit down and relax. Sitting down with a bag of chips or cookies in front of the television is an example of eating amnesia, where you mindlessly eat without being hungry, but out of habit. Consider a 100 calorie or less snack after 8pm or so.
12. JJ's Diet Tip #12: Ice Ice Baby! Keep a cup of ice around and crunch on that... 0 calories and will also satisfy the need of chewing on something.
13. JJ’s Diet Tip #13: Wanna know how to lose a pound?
This tip is simple: To lose a pound you need to lose 3,500 calories. No matter if it takes a couple days or over a week once you have lost 3,500 calories collectively you will lose a pound. To gain a pound it is the exact opposite (gain 3,500 calories).
14. JJ’s Diet Tip #14: Commit to walking 10 miles a week. Whether that is 5 miles 2 days a week or 2 miles 5 days a week, just make is a point to end a week with walking 10 miles. Calories are calories and they don’t “reset” every morning when you wake up.
15. This is JJ's Diet Tip #15: (Tonight I would like you to read this story of what happened to me today and share your thoughts) I learned today so much about myself. First of all, you are never going to get everyone’s support and approval about anything, that’s a giving. You’ll always be too tall, short, fat, skinny, etc. in someone else’s eyes. It is truly about the way that you see yourself and if you are happy with what the mirror displays. Today, I maybe encountered one of my biggest difficulties today concerning my weight loss. Though I am lighter than I have been since my middle school years at 263, someone had the audacity to say that all I am is walking flab. To add onto that I was told that anyone can lose weight by starving themselves, I have tapeworms eating away at myself internally AND that I am lazy and can’t do anything for myself. You really picked the wrong person to try and degrade. I have lost all of my weight naturally, have busted my butt on the track daily and ...spend each second of my life getting better. I am addicted to getting better. No one has the right to say something like that to me and now that you have, it inspires me to keep going because evidently everyone is watching and I am going to prove to myself and my supporters that I can and will have the nay sayers eating their words. I have had probably 500 compliments to that 1 insult and this unfortunate event has taught me so much about myself and the main lesson being that I am too headstrong to let someone of no importance tear me down. You do not have to approve of what I am doing about my life, but if you are not going to support me, then get out of the way because I obviously don’t need you in my life. Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. I promise you all that I will never, never, never, never give up. I am going to change my life and others… That’s my purpose on Earth. I continue to thank you all for supporting me and I may have not been able to of done this without you all.
16. JJ’s Diet Tip #16: This may go without saying, but drink plenty of water. Water is water. Diet soft drinks ARE NOT water, PowerAde zeroes ARE NOT water, tea IS NOT WATER. All of these drinks have sugars in them that will stick with you thus making it harder to lose weight. The only thing that i would be ok with is unsweetened teat, but i have never developed a taste for tea.
17. JJ’s Diet Tip #17: Stock your kitchen or dorm room with healthy convenience foods. I am not going to go into much detail on this one except I would like to say that if it’s there you will eat it and if it is not then you will not right?JJ’s Diet Tip #17: Stock your kitchen or your dorm room with healthy convenient foods. I am not going much into detail on this one except to say that if its there you will eat it and if it is not then you wont!nly thing that I would be okay with is unsweetened tea, but I have never developed a taste for tea.
Only thing that I would be okay with is unsweetened tea, but I have never developed a taste for tea.
JJ’s Diet Tip #17: Stock your kitchen or dorm room with healthy convenience foods. I am not going to go into much detail on this one except I would like to say that if it’s there you will eat it and if it is not then you will not right?
18. JJ’s Diet Tip #18: Step away from the television!
Distracted dining will get you in trouble. Avoid eating in front of a television or in a movie theater, as you're bound to consume more calories, the worst part being you don’t even realize it until after it is too late!
19. JJ's Diet Tip #19: Beware of the kitchen
Save the kitchen and the dining room table for cooking and eating. Try not to use it as a place to do work or other activities, or you may be tempted to eat more.
20. JJ's Diet Tip #20: Yolk alert!
Did you know that eating 3 egg yolks is as bad for your internal system as smoking a pack of cigarettes? Be very cautious about eating egg yolks as they do not normally result in anything positive. Try egg whites or eat your morning breakfast without the yolk.
21. JJ's Diet Tip #21: Don't be afraid to ask!
When eating out, ask your server to point out the healthiest options on the menu.
22. JJ's Diet Tip #22: Going green
If you're eating out, make salad the appetizer. Most starters are fried and come with unhealthy dips or sauces.
23. JJ's Diet Tip #23: Watch what you're doing
Keeping good posture will not only strengthen your core, but will also add a small extra-calorie burn, because you're working slightly harder to maintain the position.
24. JJ's Diet Tip #24: Get some sleep!
Cravings can sneak up on you when you're tired. Try taking a nap if you feel yourself wanting some junk food.
25. JJ's Diet Tip #25: Put it away!
Wrap up any extra food you've cooked before you sit down to a meal so you're not tempted to get seconds.
26. JJ's Diet Tip #26: Take a break
Take a 30-second break in the middle of your meal. Evaluate just how hungry you still are before getting back to your food.
27. JJ's Diet Tip #27: Don't starve yourself.
It's a classic dieter's mistake -- you must be losing weight if you're feeling hungry. Nothing could be further from the truth. When you do this your body will retain all of the nutrients from your meal thus will not help you lose weight.nly thing that I would be okay with is unsweetened tea, but I have never developed a taste for tea
28. JJ's Diet Tip #28: Spice it up!
Eat hot peppers for breakfast. When you eat spicy foods for breakfast, it reduces your appetite at lunch. I tend to always spice my omelets up with peppers and if you are brave enough, put hot sauce in your eggs!
29. JJ's Diet Tip #29: My favorite meal on my diet
Tonight’s tip will be my favorite thing to eat while dieting.
The All American Sandwich:
2 pieces of smoked turkey
2 pieces of white turkey
1 piece of pepper jack cheese
banana pepper slices
The cool thing??? This sandwich has 375 calories AND will fill you up!
30. J’s Diet Tip #30: 7. Eat the same lunch every day.
Variety may be the spice of life, but it's also a contributor to weight gain. When people eat the same thing for at least one meal a day, they lose more weight than people who mix it up. It's easier to slip out of good eating habits when you try for too much range in every meal.
31. The Last one...
JJ's Diet Tip #31: Every change you make to improve your diet matters.
You don’t have to be perfect and you don’t have to eliminate all of the foods you enjoy to have a diet. The long term goal is to feel good, have more energy, and reduce the risk of cancer and disease. Don’t let your missteps derail you—every healthy food choice you make counts.
Only thing that I would be okay with is unsweetened tea, but I have never developed a taste for tea.