Austin hotel data breach
AUSTIN -- A hotel management company is investigating a possible data breach at 14 hotels across the United States, including three Austin hotels.
White Lodging Services Corporation says the suspected breach happened at the food and beverage outlets of 14 hotels, including the Marriott Austin South, Westin Austin at the Domain and Holiday Inn Austin Northwest.
The company says the suspected breach occurred between March 20 and Dec. 16, 2013.
White Lodging says hotel guests who simply reserved rooms or purchased to their room accounts but did not use their credit cards at the food and beverage outlets were not affected.
The company says it contacted federal law enforcement officials to aid in the investigation.
The data breach may have included customer names, credit or debit card numbers, the card security code and card expiration dates.
The company says that customers who used or visited the businesses during the nine-month period should review their credit and debit card statements.
The company also says that customers should consider putting a fraud alert on their credit files. To place an alert, customers can call Experian at (888) 397-3742, Equifax at (800) 525-6285 or TransUnion at (800) 680-7289. The alerts last 90 days.
The following hotels were also affected:
- Marriott Midway -- Chicago, Ill.
- Holiday Inn Midway -- Chicago, Ill.
- Sheraton Erie Bayfront -- Erie, Penn.
- Marriott Boulder -- Boulder, Colo.
- Marriott Denver South -- Denver
- Marriott Indianapolis Downtown -- Indianapolis, Ind.
- Marriott Richmond Downtown -- Richmond, Va.
- Marriott Louisville Downtown -- Louisville, Ky.
- Renaissance Plantation -- Plantation, Fla.
- Renaissance Broomfield Flatiron -- Broomfield, Colo.
- Radisson Star Plaza -- Merrillville, Ind.