AUSTIN -- There will be several road closures and traffic delays this weekend in downtown Austin.
The Formula 1 race at the Circuit of the Americas track and subsequent fan festivities will close several downtown roads from Nov. 15 to Nov. 18.
Closed from 6 a.m. Wednesday to 11:59 p.m. Monday:
- West 2nd Street between Guadalupe and Lavaca Street
- Colorado Street between W. 2nd Street to w. 5th Street
- West 3rd Street between Lavaca Street to Congress Ave.
- West 4th Street between San Antonio and Guadalupe
- West 4th Street between Guadalupe and Lavaca Street
- West 4th Street between Lavaca Street and Congress Ave.
Closed from 10 a.m. Wednesday to 11:59 p.m. Monday:
- West 2nd Street between Lavaca Street and Colorado Street
Closed from 6 a.m. Saturday to 3 p.m. Saturday:
- West 4th Street between Nueces Street and San Antonio
- San Antonio Street between West 3rd Street and West 4 Street -- local traffic only
Closed from 6 a.m. Friday to 8:30 p.m. Sunday:
- Trinity Street between E. Cesar Chavez and E. 4th Street
- Trinity Street between E. 4th Street and E. 5th Street -- right lanes closed
- E. 2nd Street between San Jacinto and Trinity Street -- local traffic only
- E. 3rd Street between San Jacinto and Trinity Street -- local traffic only
- E. 5th Street betwen San Jacinto and Neches Street -- right lane closed
- Neches Street between E. 4th Street and E. 5th Street -- local traffic only
Capital Metro says it will expand its transit services during race weekend. In addition to their regular local bus, late night and rail service, Capital Metro will offer expanded MetroRail service during the Formula 1 weekend. MetroRail trains will operate:
- Friday, Nov. 15: 6 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. (Saturday morning)
- Saturday, Nov. 16: 8 a.m. – Midnight (Service to all stations except Leander)
- Sunday, Nov. 17: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. (Service to all stations except Leander)
MetroRail's route is divided into two fare zones. Your trip costs $1 if you stay within one zone, or $2.75 if you cross the fare zone boundary between Howard and Kramer stations.
You can buy a MetroRail pass at ticket vending machines on station platforms or at the Transit Store, open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The Transit Store is located downtown at 209 W. 9th Street.
For more information visit Cap Metro's website, or call their GO Line at (512) 474-1200.