AUSTIN -- Nine people are without a home after an unattended candle caused a fire on Jollyville Road in Northwest Austin.
Investigators say it started just after 10:30 p.m. Tuesday at a two-story apartment complex. Firefighters knocked down the fire in about 20 minutes.
Only one unit burned, but eight other units were affected because of smoke.
Paramedics had to take one person to the hospital with minor injuries. A cat was also treated and taken to a vet clinic. Investigators say the pet is in good condition.
The Austin Fire Department says the fire caused $250,000 in structural damages and $100,000 in contents.