Looking for a summer salad that's light and delicious? Howard Rosenthal is in Mr. Food's test kitchen with how to prepare the perfect tuscan bread salad.
Tuscan Bread Salad
Tuscany is famous for lots of things, including its classic bread salad. Well, now we can make it at home, too, using fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions -- in just minutes!
Preparation Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 10 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (5-ounce) package seasoned croutons (see Note)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and croutons.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper; pour over vegetables and croutons.
- Toss gently and serve immediately.
You can always add some cooked chicken or shrimp to make this salad a complete meal.