Family displaced after home's heater sparks fire

Print
Email
|

by KVUE News

kvue.com

Posted on November 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Updated Saturday, Nov 23 at 3:27 PM

AUSTIN -- A family is displaced after their mobile home's water heater sparks a fire in southeast Austin.

The fire occurred Sunday just after midnight on Hoeke Lane near East Ben White.

Fire officials say the family woke up to find smoke coming from the back of their trailer. They were able to get out safely.

Austin Fire Public Information Officer Lt. Josh Portie says that the fire was accidental and caused by an electrical short in the water heater.

The fire caused $20,000 in damage to the structure, and $10,000 to contents in the home.

Print
Email
|
 
News Video
More Video