The work building ramps to connect Interstate 35 and SH 71/Ben White is forcing another weekend of closures along I-35.
The northbound main lanes will close at 10:00 p.m. Friday, while the southbound lanes will close at 10:00 p.m. Saturday.
Northbound traffic will be reduced to two lanes and detoured to I-35's access road north of Stassney Ln until the entrance ramp north of Woodward St.
Southbound traffic will detour to the access road north of Woodward and return to the interstate using a temporary ramp near Shelby Ln.
Other closures will include:
Friday Night at approximately 8PM:
• The IH 35 northbound access road will be reduced to one lane and detoured to the eastbound SH 71 access road, Woodward Street, and the westbound access road.
• The eastbound SH 71 access roads will be detoured to the southbound IH 35 access road, Stassney Lane and the northbound access road.
• The westbound SH 71 access road will be detoured to the northbound accesss road, Oltorf Street and the southbound IH 35 access road.
• The westbound to northbound and the eastbound to northbound direct connectors will be closed.
Saturday Night at approximately 8PM:
• The southbound to westbound and southbound to eastbound direct connectors will be closed.
In an effort to encourage traffic to use alternate routes, tolls will be waived on all toll roads east of I-35 from 6:00 a.m. Saturday until 6:00 p.m. Sunday.
Traffic on the interstate should be restored to normal late Sunday night.
Diagrams of the detours may be found at: http://www.txdot.gov/project_information/projects/austin/ben_white_i35/default.htm