A massive tornado ripped through neighborhoods in Moore, Oklahoma, near Oklahoma City, this week. Houses have been destroyed, as well as two elementary schools. At least 24 people were killed, including at least nine children.
Below is a list of ways you can help the victims of this tragedy. If you would like to add to this list, email information to email@example.com.
- Red Cross: Text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to make a $10 donation to victims. Go here for more info.
- Salvation Army: Call 1-800-ARMY. You can also donate online here or text the word STORM to 80888 to make a $10 donation.
- Austin Disaster Relief Network: Go here to donate.
- Austin Stone Community Church: Taking monetary donations here.
- The Blood Center of Central Texas: Go here to learn how you can donate blood.
- Take items to donate to Hula Hut on Lake Austin.
- Bethany Lutheran Church: Donate items for victims between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and 8 a.m. to noon Thursday (3701 West Slaughter Lane, Austin).
- Central Texas Harley-Davidson Round Rock: Donations will be accepted through 2 p.m. on Saturday May 25, at which point, the truck will be heading to Oklahoma. Items being requested: water, diapers, formula, baby wipes, work gloves, blankets, hand towels, batteries, flashlights, Gatorade/PowerAde, shovels, rakes, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, individually wrapped snacks, clothing, etc. Click here for more information.
- Feeding America: Call 1-800-910-5524, or donate online here.
- Lutheran Social Services Disaster Response: Go here to donate.
- Save the Children U.S. Emergencies Funds. Go here to donate or text TWISTER to 20222 to donate $10 to Save the Children.
- Samaritan's Purse: Donate $10 by texting SP to 80888. Go here for more info.
- United Methodist Committee on Relief: Support relief efforts with a gift here (100% of the donation will be given directly to US Disaster Response). Relief kits are also appreciated here.
- Celebration Church in Georgetown is accepting donations. Go here to donate.
- Circle of Health International (COHI) is collecting donations of cash, bras and breast pumps. Go here for more information.
- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma: Send donations by texting TORNADO or FOOD to 32333. You can also donate online here.
- Tulsa Community Foundation. Go here for more information.
- Okie Tornado Relief Benefit Show on Thursday, May 23, at Fassler Hall in Tulsa, OK.
- Shelter for displaced residents: University of Oklahoma (Norman: (405) 325-2511); Oklahoma Baptist University (Shawnee: (405) 275-2850); Journey Church (Norman: (405) 217-8700)
- The First Baptist Church of Moore is accepting donations. Go here or here for more information.
- Oklahoma Blood Institute: For info on donor centers and mobile blood drives go here.
- Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief: Donate here.
ABC News has posted Lost and Found Facebook pages created for Oklahoma residents. Go here for more information.