HOUSTON, Texas — A family in Fort Bend County was horrified Sunday to find a snake packed with their crawfish purchase.
The family was preparing for a crawfish boil when they noticed the snake packed inside one of their bags of crawfish. The family believes the snake was a water moccasin, which is poisonous.
Wade Freeman said when he dumped it out of the bag and into a box it was still alive.
“My kids, they had the BB gun, and they were like, ‘Daddy can we shoot him? Can we shoot him?’ I was like, ‘Yeah, go ahead,’ and so they shot him, killed him, and then I made sure he was dead with my butcher knife,” Freeman said. “It’s scary, you know, one of my kids could have been bitten.”
Despite the disturbing find, the family’s crawfish boil continued as planned.