An Austin woman is one of the first in Texas to file suit over the recalled eggs.
The attorney for 34-year-old Amanda Sanchez , Ron Simon, says she spent four days in the hospital after eating salmonella tainted eggs at the Taco Cabana, 7409 N. FM 620, near RM 2222.
She ate breakfast at the restaurant June 26 and became violently ill June 28. Simon says she remained in the hospital until July 1.
The Travis County Health Department confirms she tested positive for salmonella poisoning.
Her lawsuit seeks compensation from Taco Cabana and the Iowa farms Hillandale and Wright County Egg for her medical expenses which totaled $25,000 and future pain and suffering.
The FDA says 1,300 people have been sickened by the recalled eggs nationwide.