AUSTIN -- In a list of U.S. cities with the lowest housing vacancy rates, Austin comes in at number 19.
According to the Austin Business Journal, more than 91 percent of housing units in Austin are occupied, meaning the city has an 8.2 percent vacancy rate.
The U.S. Census Bureau's data from 2011 shows that Austin has 59,431 vacant housing units available out of 723,297 in the area.
Here's where other cities ranked:
- San Jose, CA with a 4.3 percent vacancy rate
- Lancaster, PA with a 5.62 percent vacancy rate
- Minneapolis, MN with a 5.73 percent vacancy rate
- Oxnard, CA with a 6 percent vacancy rate
- Portland, OR with a 6.2 percent vacancy rate
- El Paso ranked number six with a 6.4 percent vacancy rate
- Dallas took the number 30 spot with 9.2 percent
- San Antonio ranked 43rd with 10 percent
- Houston came in 72nd with 11.8 percent