AUSTIN -- It's that time of the year again. Thousands of out-of-towners as well as Austinites will descend upon Zilker Park for the 12th annual Austin City Limits Music Festival.
This will be the biggest festival yet, spanning across two consecutive weekends. If you aren't going to the festival, this is your warning now to stay away from Barton Springs Road for the week.
To get you ready for the festival, here are a few tips to keep in mind - a sort of survival guide if you will.
- Make sure you put safety first. Go here to see what items are prohibited inside the park.
- Don't bring your cigarettes or cigars. Zilker Park is a smoke-free zone. There are smoking zones outside the festival, though, and you will be able to re-enter once you're done.
- Three-day weekend passes for the second weekend of ACL are still available. You can buy them here.
- The box office on Barton Springs Road will be open: Tuesday, Oct. 8-Thursday, Oct. 10: 3 -8 p.m.; Friday-Sunday, Oct. 11-13: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- This year festival goers MUST register their wristband online. Go here to do so.
- If you can't make it to Zilker Park, you can watch the ACL Festival Webcast. The live stream will cover the second weekend of the festival and feature 50 acts. The webcast will start streaming live on Oct. 11 here.
- There is a free Android and iPhone app to help you map out your day at the park. You can even receive push notifications about important news and emergency info. Get the app here.
- Remember: There is no parking at ACL. Festival goers should use eco-friendly transportation like bikes, cabs or Cap Metro's free shuttle from downtown. Get more information here.
- Check out the ACL Festival Swagon for just that -- ACL swag. The mobile store will be at Zilker Park and you can buy tons of merchandise - all proving you were at this year's festival.
- Be mindful of the "no chair zones" near each stage.
- You are allowed to bring two SEALED water bottles into the festival. You can also bring an empty refillable water bottle and refill it at stations throughout the festival.
- There will be several local food vendors at the festival, plus vegetarian and gluten-free options.
- Time Warner Cable will provide free public WiFi near Austin Eats.
- If you're bringing the kiddos, they can hang out in Austin Kiddie Limits, where there will be live music and fun activities for all ages.
- If you have any good photos to share, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org! We will be creating slideshows for both weekends!
- Have fun and enjoy the festival!!!