NEW ORLEANS - The New Orleans Police Department released a surveillance video of one of the suspects in the Mother's Day shooting that left 19 wounded, according to the NOPD.
Hundreds were celebrating with a second line when the shots rang out in the Seventh Ward.
The shooting happened just before 2 p.m. at the corner of Frenchmen and North Villere.
Initial reports said that a dozen people had been injured, but the number eventually grew to 19. Ten men, seven women, a 10-year-old boy and a 10-year-old girl were injured.
Most of the victims had non life threatening wounds, authorities said.
The children suffered graze wounds and were reportedly in good condition on Sunday. Eleven people remained in the hospital Monday morning, police said.
The NAACP urged the community to come together to find the perpetrators.
"This is a matter of life and death. This is a matter of self preservation. For our community’s sake, we must get the perpetrator(s) of the Mothers’ Day shooting off our streets as soon as possible. He/they have already shown no concern for the life and safety of others.He/they may do it again and some innocent bystander might die the next time. The senseless shooting and lack of respect for life is not a part of our community’s culture," according to a statement from the NAACP.
They plan on organizing a meeting for second line organizations to discuss ideas on how to increase safety at events.
"The original Big Seven" put on the second line. They responded to the violence on Facebook and said that in the 17 years the group has been organizing parades, this is the first shooting to take place.
NOPD is searching for three suspects spotted running away from the scene.
One of the suspects is described as a black man between 18 and 22-years-old. He was wearing a white t-shirt with blue jean shorts.
Crimestoppers said anyone with information on this case could be eligible for a $10,000 reward. Those with information should call 822-1111.