April 22 update: The Red Cross of Central Texas sent out a message via Twitter on Friday. They say the City of West has received so many donations that future items should be put on hold. "Thanks all for your generosity," they wrote.
A deadly fertilizer plant explosion rocked West, Texas, a small community north of Waco on Wednesday evening. Below, you will find information you need to know, including organizations accepting donations as this story continues to develop.
Organizations accepting donations:
- Red Cross of Central Texas
- Salvation Army - Austin
- IN AUSTIN: The Blood Center of Central Texas is taking donations by appointment only. If you have type O-Negative blood, you are asked to make an appointment to donate. There currently is enough blood to keep the center stocked. Follow them on Twitter at @CentralTXBlood or click here for more information.
- IN AUSTIN: KVUE is partnering with Randalls and the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund to aid victims. Those who wish to donate may visit their local Randalls and add money to a scan card. The donation is conveniently added to your grocery purchase. Donations will be taken at Houston-area Randalls and Dallas-area Tom Thumbs as well.
- IN AUSTIN: Ryno Moving is accepting donations of water, blankets, clothes, food, baby supplies, etc. Call (512) 740-4114 or (512) 773-9344 or e-mail email@example.com.
- IN AUSTIN: The Austin Disaster Relief Network is receiving donations for survivors. To make a tax-deductible gift go to www.adrntx.org and follow the link on the homepage under Current News. If mailing donation, please send to: Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN), P.O. Box 3817, Cedar Park, Texas 78630, Attn: West Texas Fund
- IN AUSTIN: Benefit for West, Texas will be held Sunday, April 28 from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at la Barbecue located at 1502 S. 1st St., in Austin. Cash donations for West will be accepted. Click here for more information.
- IN AUSTIN: Affiance Insurance Agency is taking donations of any type that's needed. It's located at 5555 North Lamar Suite L101, 78751. Business hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Call 512-284-9051 or click here for more information.
- IN AUSTIN: 1020 Glass Art & Decor is collecting donations at its downtown location in the 2nd Street District at 208 Colorado Street. Donations of any type will be accepted and may be dropped off during store hours: M-S: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Sun: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m., 512.474.1020.
Click here for a list of requested donation. Ten percent of proceeds of in-Store sales from the Texas Longhorn Art Collection will be donated: From April 19th - April 30th 2013.
- IN ROUND ROCK: Scott & White Round Rock Clinic is hosting a blood drive Tuesday April 23 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at 302 University Blvd Round Rock, TX 78664. To sign up to donate contact The Blood Donor Center at 877-724-4376. Click here for donor eligibility information.
- IN TEMPLE: Donate blood at the Scott & White Blood Center - Temple. As the community will continue to need blood donations throughout the coming weeks, area donors are urged to find an upcoming blood drive by clicking here.
- Point West Bank - drop off or send to 200 West Oak Street, West 76691
- The Extraco Events Center will be setting up to take donations starting at 9 am on Thursday. For information, call (254) 776-1660.
- Both Peas & Tots and Smarty Pants consignment stores in Waco are accepting clothing donations in all sizes for those in West.
- ESPN 1660 AM is taking donations at their Bagby Ave. location
- Safe and Well People Finder: Register your name to let others know you are safe
- Prayers for West Facebook page
- Power outage information from Oncor
- To check on patients admitted to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center, call (254) 202-1100
- For family inquiries about patients at Scott & White Hospital, call (888) 394-4947
- For family inquiries about patients at Providence Health Center, call (254) 761-7200
- Hillcrest Hospital patient information hotline: 254-202-1100 (KWTX News 10)
- Most critical patients to Hillcrest Baptist in Waco, followed by Providence Hospital.
- Family members worried about loved ones can call (254) 202-1100 at Hillcrest. Call (888) 394-4947 for information on family members at Scott & White.