AUSTIN -- Living in Texas, you know summer temperatures are going to reach triple digits and stay that way for what seems like 9,843 days. The best place to be during the unbearably hot months? By the water.
We've compiled a list of the best places to do just that in Central Texas. Make sure you wear sunscreen though, KVUE doesn't want to be blamed for that painful sunburn!
- Barton Springs Pool
- Deep Eddy Pool
- Hamilton Pool
- Krause Springs
- Stand up paddle or go kayaking on Lady Bird Lake
- Lake Travis
- Lake LBJ
- Public pools and splash pads around Austin
- Schlitterbahn Waterparks and Resorts
- Public pools and water centers in Round Rock
- Kyle Pool
- Go tubing down the Guadalupe, Comal or San Marcos Rivers