AUSTIN -- Attention, music lovers and lovers of the 60s. The LBJ Presidential Library has a contest with your name written all over it.
The LBJ Presidential Library in partnership with the GRAMMY Museum in Los Angeles is asking you to create your favorite 1960s playlist for a chance to win a South by Southwest prize package.
Contestants can vote once a day on each page, for a total of two entries per day. Each vote enters contestants into the running for the prize package that includes:
- Two VIP passes to KGSR’s SXSW Live Broadcast at W Austin on Friday March 14
- Breakfast for four at Ciscos Restaurant Bakery – a place legendary for being President Lyndon Johnson’s favorite breakfast spot
- Cocktails at The Driskill Bar, one LBJ's favorite, historic bars
- Dinner for two at Chef David Bull’s Second Bar + Kitchen
- A spot on the guest list for the winner and a friend to attend the exclusive “The
Soundtrack to Change” Texas GRAMMY SXSW party on Friday March 14 at the LBJ
Presidential Library, including a sneak preview of the Library’s new exhibit Sixty from
- Two electric bikes from Rocket Electrics for use from March 13 – 16 to zip around
Austin during SXSW
The top 60 songs chosen by voters will become the soundtrack of Sixty from the ‘60s, opening to the general public on March 15 at the LBJ Library. According to the Library, the exhibit will feature "60 icons from music, sports, politics, civil rights, business and entertainment – the people and players that represent the most influential figures from this turning point decade of the 20th century."
Voting is open until Friday Feb. 21. The grand prizewinner will be notified via Facebook on Tuesday Feb. 25.