Austin is a place where something is always going on. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what fun events are taking place, so we're here to help.
Take a look at some of the things going on around town Friday, Jan. 3 through Sunday, Jan. 5:
Friday, Jan. 3:
- Blue Man Group: 8 p.m. at the Long Center. They are also performing on Saturday.
- Free Week in Austin. See live music for FREE at various venues like Stubb's and Mohawk. Go here for the complete Free Week guide.
Saturday, Jan. 4:
- Foam Glow 5K: 7 a.m. at the Travis County Expo Center.
- Tribute to the King: Ted Roddy's King Conjure Orchestra, Shaun Young and the New Blue Mountain Boys: 3 p.m. at The Continental Club.
- Hot Texas Swing Band: 6:30 p.m. at Central Market Westgate.
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma Sooners (basketball): 7 p.m. at the Frank Erwin Center.
- Blue Man Group: 8 p.m. at the Long Center.
- Sure Thing (Free weekly comedy show): 8 p.m. at Austin Java.
- Best of 2013 Sing-Along Dance Party: 10:50 p.m. at Alamo Drafthouse Ritz.
Sunday, Jan. 5:
- Mueller Farmers' Market: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Browning Hangar at Mueller Lake Park.
- Big Band Brunch: The Urban Achievers Brass Band: 12 p.m. at Banger's Sausage House and Beer Garden.
- First Sundays at the Bullock Museum: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sharon Jones Soul Brunch Listening Party: 1 p.m. at Waterloo Records.
- Caged: The Nicolas Cage Marathon: 2 p.m. at Alamo Drafthouse Ritz.
- Texas Longhorns vs. Kansas State Wildcats (basketball): 2 p.m. at the Frank Erwin Center.
More events are listed on our Community Calendar.
Save money with Terri Gruca's Smart Money Blog.