Austin is a place where something is always going on. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what fun events are taking place, so we're here to help.
Take a look at some of the things going on around town Friday, Feb. 14 through Sunday, Feb. 16:
Friday, Feb. 14:
- NO THANKS! Anti-Valentine's Party: 7 p.m. at Gourdough's Public House. Celebrate Single Awareness Day or Anna Howard Shaw Day with heartbreak-curing drinks, pinatas and break up songs. RSVP here.
- Lone Star Riverboat Valentine's Day Dinner Cruise. 7-9 p.m. Grab your date and dine on Lady Bird Lake under the stars. There's nothing more romantic than the open water and spring-like weather (finally).
- "House of Cards" returns to Netflix. We'd be fools to not include this on the list. It may be the best Valentine's Day present a streaming service could give us.
- Valentine's Day at Hotel San Jose: You're invited to celebrate Single Awareness Day as the swanky hotel plays love songs and serves a special "Valentine" drink. Hey it beats sitting on your couch in sweatpants drinking alone, right? Unless you're watching "House of Cards" of course.
- Valentine's Day at ACL Live. 8 p.m. Celebrate the big night with musicians like Bob Schneider, Sarah Jaffe, Charlie Mars and more.
- Valentine's Day Food and Wine Pairing Demonstration. 6:30 p.m. at Whole Foods Culinary Center. For couples who like the finer things in life.
- Valentine X: 7:30 p.m. at House of Torment. Hate Valentine's Day but love Halloween? House of Torment is offering a candlelit night of horror at the haunted attraction. It's the perfect excuse to hold a cute guy's arm without the pressure of being on a "Valentine" date.
- Food and Film: "Casablanca" Valentine's Day Feast: 7:15 p.m. at Alamo Drafthouse. One of the most romantic films ever - plus food? Yes.
- Austin Roller Disco of Love: 11 p.m. at Austin Roller Rink. Live music, free skate rental with a ticket and a party that goes on until 4 a.m. Plus it's BYOB. Grab your friends or date and wear a top that sparkles.
Saturday, Feb. 15:
- Mardi Gras Hurrah: 8 p.m. at ACL Live. Enjoy the music of the Rebirth Brass Band and New Orleans Suspects. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
- Peter Pan: 12 p.m. at One World Theatre. Enjoy the classic by TheatreWorksUSA. Maggie Smith won't be in it, but we're sure it's still good.
- Nick Offerman. 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. at The Paramount. Don't miss Ron Swanson himself perform "American Ham." It's even better than you think.
Sunday, Feb. 16:
- Texas Roller Derby Season Opener Bout. 6 p.m. at the Palmer Events Center. Come kick off the new season of roller derby with a match between the All Scar Army and the Cherry Bombs.
- Texas Longhorns vs. Baylor Bears women's basketball. 12 p.m. at the Frank Erwin Center.
- Paramount Break-a-Leg 5K. 7 a.m. at The Paramount. While you may not be running the Austin Marathon, this 5K benefits the historic Paramount and Stateside Theatres, and that's pretty awesome.
Need Valentine's Day ideas? Download our FREE mobile app and check out our special Valentine's Day section.
More events are listed on our Community Calendar.
Check out ways to save money around town with Terri Gruca's Smart Money Blog.