Austin is a place where something is always going on. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what fun events are taking place, so we're here to help.
Take a look at what's going on around town Friday, Oct. 18 through Sunday, Oct. 20:
Friday, Oct. 18
- Mueller Movies in the Park: "Peter Pan." 6:30 p.m. at Mueller Lake Park Amphitheater. The film is free and fun for the whole family.
- "Superheroes" by the Austin Symphony at 8 p.m. at the Long Center. The symphony will be performing music from your favorite superhero films and TV shows. A special "super" guest will also be there. Go here for more info.
- Texas Community Music Fest starting at 5:30 p.m. at Central Market on North Lamar. Them Blue Skies, Candace Bellamy and The Vintage 15 will be performing. Go here for info. (The event lasts through the 22nd!)
Saturday, Oct. 19
- The Heart Walk of Austin is helping prevent the deadliest disease in America. The 5K event will kick off at 8 a.m. on the South 1st Street bridge. Go here for more information. To participate go here or call (512) 338-2400.
- The Mega Match-a-thon event will be held at the Austin Humane Society from noon to 7 p.m. All pet adoptions are FREE. Find out more.
- The Austin Children's Museum will hold a garage sale so you can purchase a piece of the old museum before it moves to The Thinkery. The sale will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the former museum on Colorado Street. There will be items for sale like books, office supplies, exhibit pieces, shelving and much more. Visit their website for more information.
- Movie Music in the Park 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Mueller Lake Park Outdoor Amphitheater. Music from "The Princess Bride" will be performed by the McCallum Orchestra. The event is free.
- The Austin Vampire Ball is at 7 p.m. at Elysium. There will be live music, a costume contest, fortune readers and more. Go here for info.
- The Austin Challenge 2013 is at 1 p.m. at Scholz Beer Garden. This urban adventure race is returning for its 4th season. Have fun with this "Amazing Race" competition complete with beer and prizes.
- BeerFeast 2013 is 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Flying Saucer Draught Emporium. This event is under the big tent in the Triangle and will feature 60 craft beers from 40 breweries.
- The Viva la Vida Festival is at 2 p.m. at the Mexic-Arte Museum. This is the 30th anniversary of the free street festival. You can find info here.
- Dia de Los Muertos Festival from 12 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Fiesta Gardens. Come enjoy live performances, a costume contest, food, art and more at this Day of the Dead festival. Find more info here.
- German-Texan Heritage Society's Oktoberfest from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the German-Texas Heritage Society. Go here for information.
Sunday, Oct. 20
- Oct. 20: Cedar Park 5 Miler 5K and Kids 1K: The 18th annual event will be held from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Commons Shopping Plaza in Cedar Park. The event is hosted by the YMCA and benefits the Y's Strong Kids Campaign. Go here for more information.
- 39th annual Fire Station Festival with the Hyde Park Neighborhood Association. The party will start at Shipe Park at 3:30 p.m. and a parade will follow to the fire station. Grab the kids, put on your Halloween costumes and have fun! Go here for more information.
- AIDS Walk Austin Party in the Park from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Republic Square Park.
Find more events on our Community Calendar.
For Halloween fun around town, go here.
For money saving activities, head to Terri Gruca's Smart Money Blog.