You’ll want to check your microwave. The Consumer Product Safety Commissionand Samsung announced today a recall of 43,000 microwave ovens because of a shock hazard.
An installation bolt on some of the under the counter microwaves could come in contact with an electrical component inside the unit and the microwave plugged into an ungrounded outlet, it could create a shock.
The recall involves Samsung 1000 watt over-the-range microwave ovens sold from January 2009 through July 2009 for between $180 and $200. Here are the models affected:
• All SMH9151x produced from January-May 2009—serial numbers xxxxxxxS1xxxxxx to xxxxxxxS5xxxxxx
• SMH9151B—serial numbers xxxxxxOS600001 to xxxxxxOS600100, xxxxxxTS600001 to xxxxxxTS601386
• SMH9151ST—serial numbers xxxxxxTS6000001 to xxxxxxTS600330
• SMH9151STE—serial numbers xxxxxxTS600001 to xxxxxxTS600330
• SMH9151W—serial numbers xxxxxxOS600001 to xxxxxxOS600200 and xxxxxxTS600001 to xxxxxxTS602055
No one has been injured but if you have one of these you should stop using the microwave immediately and call (888) 402-6974 for a free repair.