This week you'll find great free music, free food and family fun. Enjoy! And remember if you spot a great deal or if you're local business has a deal worth mentioning here send me an email.
Southwest Airlines is having a 35 percent off sale on select flights. Just use the PROMO code THANKYOU. Great savings here on select flights. I just booked a flight that would have cost me double what I spent.
Get a free $10 gift card for shopping at the Tanger Outlets by printing out this coupon or showing this on your phone through January 4th.
If you're a college student you can get a free 6 month Amazon prime membership. It's a $39 value and gets you free shipping on a lot of items in that time. To qualify, you must have a valid .edu email address and you’ll need to specify your college, year, and major. Just go here to check out all the details and sign up!
The first week of January is a special time for the Austin music scene, bringing with it the annual tradition known as Free Week. During Free Week, participating venues offer nightly free shows featuring some of Austin's best local talent. The focus of Free Week Austin is placed almost exclusively on the bands and musicians that call Austin home, making it a great opportunity to experience what the Austin music scene has to offer. Participating venues for Free Week 2013 include Beerland, Red 7, The Mohawk, Beauty Ballroom, Stubb’s, The Scoot Inn, Holy Mountain, Frank, Swan Dive, Antone's, Flamingo Cantina, Emo's, Lamberts, The Parish, and more. Thanks to Do512.com which has all the information on the places to catch free music this week in Austin.
Google play is offering five free music downloads from Coldplay including the song Paradise.
For a limited time, kids eat free on Saturdays and Sundays at the Great Hills Trail location of Qdoba with the purchase of any regular adult entrée.
Looking to start your fitness resolutions off right? Join Mayor Lee Leffingwell and the Mayor’s Fitness Council for the annual Mayor’s Resolution Run/Walk on Thursday, January 3, 2013 at 10 a.m. You can run or walk between 1.5 miles to 10 miles. The event starts with a warm-up on the City Hall plaza. For more information go here.
Free Car Seat Safety Checks
Scott & White and Texans in Motion are once again offering several free car seat safety checks in January. You need to call ahead to make a reservation.
- 01/08/13 - Seton Medical Center Hays; 10am – 1pm; 6001 Kyle Parkway, Kyle – 78640 (512) 336-3423.
- 01/09/13 - Baby Earth; 10am – 1pm; 106 E. Old Settlers Blvd., Round Rock – 78664; (512) 600-7050
- 01/15/13 - Steiner Ranch Fire Station; 10am – 1pm; 3048 Steiner Ranch Blvd., Austin – 78726 ; 512-336-3423.
- 01/16/13 - Marble Falls EMS Station; 10am – 1pm; 609 Industrial Blvd., Marble Falls - 78654; (830) 693-7277.
- 01/17/13 - Lockhart EMS Station; 10am – 1pm; 1914 W. San Antonio St., Lockhart – 78644; (512) 336-3423.
- 01/12/13- Johnson City Check-up; 11am- 1pm; 105 No. LBJ Dr., Johnson City – 78636; (512) 336-3423; No Appointment Necessary.
- 01/24/13 - Leander Central Fire Station; 10am – 1pm; 201 Brushy St. No., Leander – 78641; (512) 259-9010
On line and in store savings
With the holidays over many stores are trying to get rid of winter inventory so you’ll find huge discounts at most retailers. To find some of the best savings check out Austin based Offers.com.